Sunday, June 13, 2010

Martin Luther King Jr.

I just listened to MLK's speech and have come to a realization. MLK spoke directly against the war, and confronted major themes which he wanted to express clearly. At first, my reaction is to compare myself to him, and i dreamt of becoming like him. I must first realize what he is doing, and what he is saying, because those are the things that reflect the heart, and mind. MLK spoke that the war in Vietnam was unjust and crossed moral boundaries because the gospel teaches not to fear our enemies, but to love them. He spoke that the reason our military was spending 500,000$ a day over seas was to prevent the spreading of communism. But MLK spoke that we must not fear the communist, becuase they were also made by the image of God, and have inalienable rights given by God, and not by government. Rights such as freedom, equality, and worthiness are given to all regardless of race, or social background. however, he claims that the government spent more money on prevention of communism, then uplifting the poor and keeping with the revolutionary spirit. He based his beliefs on the gospel of jesus christ who died to keep integrity with the poor and not with the "class" of over-educated bible scholars during his age.

Martin Luther King spoke and inspired me to stand up for my rights. I need to speak out against the war, the poor, and other social issues that are incredibly important to me. What are my stances against the Afghanistan war?
I think it is not being spoken about, and that we are in another quagmire killing innocent civilians while poor endless amount of taxpayers money to support a government in Afghanistan that is not set up by the people in their own country. So what is happening is that the Afghan government spends our money to pay off all the tribal leaders in their area, and also creates corruption, and moral decay which will lead to the inevitable.
I think our people and our believers who call themselves christians actually protect the misfits of society? or do we outcast them?
We must embrace those who society rejected because as christians we should not belong in the first place!

Now my duty, is that i must search for an outlet to participate in social action. We need to start building up a social movement that defends the rights of those who are downtrodden because they are only going to get worse. We must morally refine ourselves so we do not stand against compromising ourselves by pressure from the outside.
My goals:

I want to find a church that helps me get involved in the community
I want to play worship music
I want to grow as a speaker, who can clearly speak my ideas that are morally sound. I need to speak in a clear, slow, and authoritative tone.

I am growing spiritually, but christianity is not an introverted thing of "feeling" good about life. It is quite the opposite..it is moral refinement, salvation, and action mixed all together. I must speak it! The focus for me is on social action, and not the "holy spirit" dwelling...those are mysteries and i accept that, i can only now use faith hope and love!

I want to begin sowing the work of peace. i just don't know where or how.
I am against poverty, and believe i can get involved.

The mosiac church is a start. My communication is going to have to grow. I need to learn how to not "feel" so much, and think critically about moral refinement, judgement, and repentance. I must learn to socially interact with people, and also must grow. I want to act out!!

when i worshipped, i really put my heart on the line this morning, and felt that it got kicked in. i don't have a home yet, and i feel like leaving my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment