Friday, June 18, 2010

Celibacy

I have been practicing celebacy, and that is so difficult for me. I even started a fast, and fell. I started fasting breakfast for the hope that i could overcome my flesh for just two weeks, but barely made four days.
Mark 14 Jesus tells the disciples, "pray so that you may not be tempted".
I was tempted and i fell on my face.

I am starting another fast, and i want to start another pledge of celibacy for two weeks.

In my head i think, "i can't do this.." and i give up. why do christians value celibacy so much? Does it sharpen character? Does it make me have more integrity? Higher social status? More confidence?
I don't know. really i don't.

I just want to be celibate because i think of the scriptures, be holy for i am holy. I do it for God's blessing. I do it, to be content with the things i already have. I do it, because there is lots of pain already with relationships, and i do it to worship GOd... ROmans 12.1

but i struggle, and struggle. I can't get it. not even two weeks.
Here is the history of my falls.
6/2 6/11 6/18.

i believe in the spririt and those things, i think God can show me an unthinkable way of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment