Friday, June 4, 2010

Bike Ride with Christians!

I went on a good bike ride today, and on the way back i started to talk about my passions. I explained that i was aware of social issues such as poverty and homelessness and wanted to be apart of the solution. I didn't even get a chance to talk about sex-slavery! I talked about how there's issues with the church, and how we need to embrace our communities, and go out INTO them.
THis guy i met, Abe, mentioned that even activist based churches have their struggles with people not being spiritually sound, and getting caught up in the movement.
I told him about how lots of people in our church have stepped away.

I told him that i don't feel inclined to serve the youth, i am not that passionate about the youth. Instead i have something else that i'm gravitating toward, but i don't know what. It is about service i guess. being with the sufferring. helping them. giving to them. worrying about their issues and trying to solve their problems in creative ways. more so than teaching the youth.
eventually each person must take what they've learned from church and either go home with it and shelve it, try to apply it to their everyday lives, or go out into world and use it..

I told Abe that i am having issues because as christians i told him that i am aware of social issues, and a little from politics, but feel like I am apart of the intellectual ghetto, where we aren't allowed to speak of "certain" things. Or if i bring up social issues, i feel as if I'm crossing the "comfort" line. I mentioned that i am very interested in apologetics, and mentioned Bill Maher, and mentioned atheism.
We opened up philosophy a tad, and i tried asking him a question.
He said, "seems like you are wrestling alot."

I exclaimed YES I AM.

I don't know where i'm going. what i'm doing, and i don't know what the heck is going on.
I just want to get out and serve.

I am thinking about starting my own club based on service, and i want to serve my fullerton community. Maybe mercy house. And i want to mix bible studies with different people and going to the mercy house. This seems more like my calling which sucks.
I know if i start my own club, i'm going to constantly struggle with trying to recruit people for my cause.
therein lies the problem it CAN NOT be "my" cause, it has to be something significantly biblical. i am just trying to imitate jesus.

he only had twelve...

If you are reading this, then you are the resistance...
signing off
anthony r. colombo.

Oh and i asked my self today, "what if marriage is slavery?"

No comments:

Post a Comment