Thursday, June 3, 2010

Looking for an Organization!!

Okay, seriously i have to find an organization to belong to!! Why? I can't make a difference on my own. Being a lone ranger accomplishes nothing. What are my options? Well, it seems like church offers either disciple-ship, introduction into the ministry, service toward the community, sound theological teaching, and friendship. But this is not really solving the problem! I see so many problems, and i don't know where to go for help.
Problem 1)
Church is an organization that needs to be actively taking care of the poor. Isiah condemned Israel for having overwhelmingly large mansions that took "plot after plot", and did so while "grinding the faces of the poor". Where the Lord looked for Justice, there was bloodshed, where the Lord looked for righteousness, there was evil. The church needs to not look like the world. The modern church is being accused of becoming a beaucracy, and a middle man to God. It seems as though people go to church to date, or look for Mr and Mrs. Right, instead of giving. I am an engineer, and i see lots of social problems with consumerism, pollution, and luke-warmness in our society today. I do not wish to give rhetoric on leadership, i wish to find activists who are applying their faith. But as an engineer, i feel sort of outcast from any sort of development other than spiritual, or bible teachings. I don't feel like im being pointed in the right direction to where my talents can be used. Can an engineer truly represent Christ? OR am i just going to be a salary working 9-5? Is giving away my money all i have to look forward to? I want to be in an organization that moves.
Problem 2
Finding the right people who feel like i do, and wish to tackle and live out their faiths seriously. Is there anybody out there? I wish to use engineering for the kingdom. I think church doesn't really prepare people for the applications of science. For instance, the ministry is a powerful organization of people. But something just isn't right. I am not sure if my heart is full of sin, or if i'm jealous of people who go to bible college. But i know something just isn't right. they i don't think, are training their people correctly. I am thinking of the people i meet in L.A. dream center. The dream center teaches people the word, but after they finish up the disciple ship programs, they are simply "let go". and they have to go back home. Yes, they know the word, but if they go back into their same environment, i seriously doubt any change would occur. Maybe i have a lack of faith, because the scriptures say that we must repay evil with Good in order to receive victory.
Problem 3
People wish to become respectable, not to become like Christ. I am getting the feeling that the goal in communication is not to speak what is on your heart, but what is relevant to your audience. This is the natural order of things.
Another thing i am becoming aware of, is that it is becoming important to "appear" nice, and to strictly follow "social grace". These adherences to the rules show a certain character, a certain integrity, and a certain class that attracts people in a more powerful way then truly living out the gospel (aka loving your friends, God, and your neighbor).
Problem 4
Your decisions in your life represent your intellect. People will not listen to anybody who doesn't represent a strong middle class. Credibility is more important than character to most. Wealth and status are more important than the heart. Class, and other graces are incredibly important. Especially speech, and holding the tongue. This type of conservation holds a lasting effect on people. Saying the right thing is important.

solution
we are all going to die , and going to have to give a testimony to God individually based on our actions. I shouldn't care about the lack of attention i will receive, i should just act according to my convictions.

I believe in starting more orphanages more than church planting
I believe in giving 50% of my paycheck away
I want to give more of my tithes away to anti sex-trafficking organizations.

But why is it that Francis chan gives all his money away, and makes headlines selling his books. But paul, who is also a missionary, gives all of his income, and is now on anti-depressants and barely could make ends meet? where is his celebration?

Or what about the people that work at the dream center in L.A.? the receptionists? the volunteers? or all the other pastors in small churches everywhere?

I'm not sure what is bugging me yet, but it rubs me the wrong way when I feel like someone is trying to campaign to the "top".

I also don't want to be 40 years old like sylvain, never married, and works in the dream center's office. Or like Paul, who quit his job to work at the dream center. I hope to gain more publicity i guess. i don't want to be in the dark. i want to live it out, and share what i have.

THe key is not to become overly spiritual i guess, but to know how to lead an organization. leaders are people who can organize people in the right ways.

So i am going to a college group retreat, and i know several things.
First off, i know i have to keep my mouth shut.
Second, i am going to buy thank you cards for the leaders who organized everything, i would liek to offer my friendship.

i dont' really have any close friends right now, and i am not happy with that. Is all i have in school? No!
I believe in a God who can move the people on skid row, and place them in the white house.

but wayne cordeiro mentions, that it is how we act. wisdom with Abigail in 1 sam chapter 25. with how she interceded with david. that marked her faith. but where is reality in all this???? reality is that you and i can both end up on skid row. reality is that people who join the ministry hope to climb up the ladder.

Are we all just self-seeking individuals? Or is church just there to house people? I'm not sure anymore.

I would like to learn alot of stuff, and then go on a speaking tour. I would like to teach apologetics, and other things. I want to go on a self-learning event. speak, give, and maybe write books.

I don't know who my community is... any advice??

No comments:

Post a Comment