Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Ideal Apartment for Students in LA county

So I've been accepted to USC and very excited. I know that there is financial aid available and I've been dreading the commute. My commute is about 35 miles one way, but I am forced to take the 5, 605, or the 60 freeways to attend school. There is definitely going to be some serious traffic! What if I'm late to a test? Will traffic during the commute steal my study time?

The ideal apartment for me will be very close to the campus, and very close to the public transportation. It must be near the new metro link that was recently opened, and also near the local bus stations. The ideal place must be affordable within $700-900 per month. It does not have to be too spacious, I would be okay with a smaller studio. Laundry facilities would be awesome if they were located inside the apartment! That would be amazing. It should also be clean, and offer free wi-fi too. I don't really care about the vibrant student life because the demands of USC studies are more important to me than the local social scene.

I checked out a local apartment site called Vacancy.com, and they offer an apartment right on 1221 West 7th St. That location is exactly what I'm looking for as a student. Yes laundry facilities are crucial, but the most important is location. This apartment site for any USC student offers great locality to freeway access, public transportation, and also bicycling distance to the campus. The price is pretty decent too.

The apartment that I saw on the Vacancy website offers small studios for $754 dollars, or if you want a roommate the two bedrooms run you about $1000. Another plus is that the single bedrooms cost $700-800 dollars. This is very well priced because I think studios are too crampy with all my books, and for the extra $50-100 dollars per month, I could have enough space to relax and maybe study at home!

Their are plenty of photos online to check the place out. The complex looks clean.

Anothe plus is Vacancy.com website posted reviews from long time tenants. there is one tenant whose lived their for 7 years and said, "their complex is clean and very safe...we've had no problems with crime." This doesn't sound like much, but I grew up in a gated community in Placentia, and am a little nervous about moving to Los Angeles. These reviews give me a realistic picture of what to expect.

However, I couldn't find on the website if they offerred an internet cafe, or free wifi. This is also mandatory for students with laptops. well... because... no one likes paying for internet... :)

More to come as for my decision whether to live on West street or to commute. thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment