So pastor terry immidiately asked me about college and what my goals are. He was asking me very personal things, but i had ready answers. I told him i wanted to be a lawyer, but my grandparents hate lawyers, so i changed my major to engineering. i told him i want to help people with prostetic legs, or aerospace, or building stuff overseas.
He asked me how i came to be a chrstiain and asked me immidiately about nick. I felt he was trying to trigger my emotional side, but men do not share emotional sides, at least not leaders. I kept up my guard. HE asked me about the time i spent as not living a christian, like it was some sort of prison sentence. He asked, "what do you think about the time when you weren't a christian?"
i told him there was a lot of wasted time because i was pursuing music and other things that led me to waste my time. He then talked passively about marijuana, and other drugs and called them "gateway" drugs.
HE has no concept of what those things really are. For the record, there is nothing wrong with marijuana. the drug is a natural thing that native indians used to become very spiritual. but in todays' times people miss use marijuana. the only thing bad i received from marijuana was my stupid stoner friends... and other bad influences.
I told him i learned how to look at christianity from the outside, and not being in the inside my whole life, and i told him most of my friends were athiests, or non-practicing jews. which i appreciate very much. I learned how they view Christianity as a bunch of conservative republicans who don't swear, smoke, or drink, and live in this "ned flanders" bubble.
I don't want to be apart of that bubble, and that's why i gracefully left FAFC. i am really relieved.
I was thinking today of the scriptures and nowhere does it say to "go to church every sunday"
the bible does talk about "not forsaking the assembly"
but it does not talk about which kind of assembly.. So this leds me to think that serving on sundays at the mercy house is an okay thing to do.
Also, we talked about wealth. The subject of "making lots of money came up" and Pastor, the head pastor, said, "If you make alot of money, then God blesses you.. " he said something like, " if you can make alot of money, then you make alot of money".
He also told me a story of how he associated with Donald Trump's leading attorney who openly jokes "i won't get out of bed for less than $600,000"
This is the story that the head pastor tells.
What about telling a story of a man who gets out of bed to serve the poor and hungry Mr. Terry?
I don't think you can hold the right of Pastor much longer... in my eyes, i see you as an equal, and i can call you Mr. Terry! jk
There were numerous times when Mr. Terry admired my will to learn and make something of myself... "wow you can easily want to be a lawyer, and then change to become an engineer?"
I was firm on the inside.
And then i changed the subject to biking and trite things such as how "good" my family is doing, how my mom is pretty stressed out, how tense home is ... REAL LIFE things. stuff that i know he goes through with his wife having cancer, but i've already been through that.
The way to survive in this culture is growing your own farm, working for your own bread, and investing wisely so that you can see the people you love suceed.
I want to serve the poor and give them love. but i want to work and understand engineering and become successful at that so i can see my mom retire, and my brother pursue photography. I want to invest in things wisely so i can retire at a young age and give my earned income to places that deserve it.
The end.
signing off
if you are reading this, this means that you are the resistance.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment