I went to the old folk's home again in Fullerton, and looked up Hank wilson. he moved from the regular housing to "assisted living".
this time he couldn't even get up from a sleeping position. He looked really bad.
He said, "well i hope i could help you son..."
but then disconnected from any conversation. I could tell he didn't even want me there.
I looked around the room and found some old golf scores.
"so you like to golf huh?" I asked
"yes i did, it has been many years..." he paused, "well it was nice talking to you."
i was there in the room, for barely five minutes, and already he wished me out.
"i know what you mean." i said
I paused, because i wasn't ready to leave yet, "you know, i'm not one to tell another person what to believe, but i'm here becaues i sort of rediscovered God, and the meaning of it...."
"yes, it was nice talking to you." he repeated.
I know that when people are ready to die, they disconnect from others.
I wished him well and left.
I will try to visit Wayne wilson again, his name isn't actually Hank, but Waynee.
This time i think i'll just drop him some flowers to cheer him up. i'll go to ralphs or something and see if I could get him to talk.
I will go maybe Friday after work. hopefully that old man will still be alive.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment